Join Our Team
Therapist Needed for the MVTS Training Program
Merrimack Valley Trauma Services is a recognized regional leader in the field of trauma-focused therapy. Our growing agency has an immediate opening for a strengths-based, professional, self-motivated individual with experience working with children, adolescents, adults, and families who have been impacted by psychological trauma. This is a flexible hourly fee-for-service position to start, with the potential to become a full-time salaried position, offering competitive compensation and benefits, and trauma-focused training with highly experienced clinicians.
Our Training Program Offers:
- A diversified caseload with consultation and training opportunities. We encourage our staff to maintain caseloads that emphasize quality over quantity, and always include the family in the therapeutic process.
- A trauma-sensitive work environment and collaboration among a small team of professionals who take great pride in their work and their professional development.
- Licensed individual clinical supervision, group supervision, and training opportunities in Child-Parent Psychotherapy, Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR), the Attachment, Regulation, and Competency (ARC) model, play therapy, family systems therapy, dance/movement therapy, Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT), the Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT), and other mind-body approaches.
- Training in electronic records, which creates more efficiency in completing paperwork requirements.
- Private therapy office.
- Billing and administrative support that actively assists you and your clients.
- Conduct bio-psychosocial assessments and intakes.
- Create individualized, measureable, behavioral treatment plans with clients and their families.
- Provide trauma-focused counseling for children, adolescents, adults, and families.
- Provide education to clients and other providers regarding trauma and its impact.
- Provide parent support and education, involving them in every aspect of their child’s therapy.
- Collaborate with other providers and professionals working with the client and his/her family.
- Complete all paperwork, billing procedures, and documentation according to company policy and managed care guidelines.
Master’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Expressive Therapy, or a related field.Licensure (LCSW, LICSW, LMHC) in the state of Massachusetts required.
A minimum of 2 years (which can include internships) working with children, adolescents, adults, and/or families who have been impacted by psychological trauma, such as physical and sexual abuse, domestic violence, neglect, community violence, grief, and loss.
Child and Adolescent Needs and Strengths (CANS) certification.
Excellent organizational and time management skills.
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Comfortable using a computer and learning new technologies.